H. B. Qounin,
Senior Editor : Morocco & Africa Today
M.E. contact: Phone: (0097150) 7340605 - USA contact: Fax: 00 1
517 947 6119
- website : www.morocco-today.info
2000 - 2002:
Senior Editor of Morocco Today Newspaper. Web content developer
and webmaster of the Moroccan site in English, French and Arabic
2000: 1998: Freelance Script and Copy writer and translator (Arabic -
French - English) for Advertising companies. Freelancer Editor and
copywriter for Shell in the Middle East Magazine (English - Arabic).
1996-1998: Senior Editor and copy writer and researcher (English,
Arabic and French languages), Studies and Planning Division,
Department of Economic Development, Government of Dubai, UAE.
1995-1996: Freelance journalist on Foreign Affairs and Economic issues
with Al Bilad and Al Madina Newspapers, Jeddah, Saudi.
1993 - 1995: Public Relations Officer and Press Attaché and business
coordinator for International Businessmen based in the Middle East,
USA and Europe.
1992 - 1993: Diplomatic coordinator, Press Attaché and Public
Relations Officer with Middle Eastern diplomatic mission in Morocco
and five other African countries.
19981 - 1992: Project Coordinator with the University of Minnesota,
United States Agency For International Development.
1976 - 1981: Commercial Division Coordinator, Translator/Interpreter
for business delegations to Morocco (English, French and Arabic) with
a diplomatic mission in Morocco.
- Training in
Journalism, computer sciences, Translation, Interpretation in English,
French and Arabic languages
Editor of the paper edition of the first Moroccan English language
newspaper "Morocco and Africa Today'.
coordinator for the German GTZ Scientific and Technical Project in
coordinator for the ICARDA mission to Morocco.
coordinator for South African official trade mission to Morocco.
coordination for U.S. Utah State University project in Morocco.
coordinator for U.S. MIAC project in Morocco.
1972 1976: -
Graduation, Faculty of Letters and Human Sciences, (English, French,
Arabic) Mohammed V University, Morocco.
Economics Studies, Faculty of Law. Mohammed V University, Rabat.
April 2000 - 2001: Selected among millions of IT professionals by the
International Who's Who of Information Technology for inclusion in the
2000 2001 and 2002 edition, as a highly respected professional in his
field, recognizing that his achievements in the Media sector,
Information Technology and Internet.
Golden Web Award from the International Association of Web Masters and
horse riding, tennis, traveling, photography, painting and music.
visited: Middle East (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Syria). USA
(California, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Hawaii, Honolulu, Maui), France
(Paris, Nice, Cannes), Monaco, Switzerland (Geneva, Montreux), UK,
- Promoting services and businesses on-line in English, Arabic and
- Web developer with knowledge and experience in design, hosting,
developing and maintaining web sites independently in English, Arabic
and French languages
- Development of Dubai Department of Economic Development site in
English, Arabic and French
- Launching the first French pages on Dubai in the Internet
- Providing Computer and Internet training courses for the Government
of Dubai Department of Economic Development staff.
- Launching the first Moroccan on-line English newspaper in the WWW
- Launching the first Arabic on-line newspaper in the net
- Launching the Internet Avenue site, where companies and countries
can open their pages in different languages
- Directing on-line interviews with Information Technology experts for
publication in various print media.
- Translating and design of various sites for several companies all
over the world.
- Research on Information and Internet Technologies to make the Arabic
language adapt the English environment of the web.
- Publication of various articles and report on Information Technology
and Internet in the printed Arabic media.
- Currently: Preparing a glossary of Internet Terminology English -